How to take care of lace wigs?
A. Hair Care Instructions for full lace wig
1. Keep the hair clean. We suggest that you wash the hair at least once or twice a week with mild or cold water. Please wash the hair immediately after swimming, spa, exercise, and etc. When dirt and sweat accumulate, hair tangles. Too much leave-in conditioners and other hair care products will create a build up on the hair and will cause it to tangle faster. If the hair feels dry or heavy with build up, wash it with good shampoo & conditioner.
2. Before washing the hair, spray mixture of conditioner and water and brush the hair from bottom up. You must gradually wet the hair down and brush it gently before you completely wash the hair. If the hair is very dry and a lot of water is added at once, hair will swell up like sponge and tangle! Therefore, it is important to gradually wet the hair and brush it.
3. After wetting the hair, add shampoo and conditioner and brush thoroughly. Be sure to wash and brush the hair in one direction. Rinse the hair completely with water and towel dry. It is best to air dry the hair but you can also blow-dry with low to medium heat.
4. Make sure you brush the hair daily and apply some leave-in conditioners so that the hair is soft and moist. A good leave-in hair treatment can keep the hair from drying. But remember not to put too much otherwise there will be a build up and make the hair feel too heavy. If the hair feels too dry or heavy with too much hair care products, you should wash the hair completely by following steps 2 and 3.
5. When swimming, always wear a cap to prevent prolong exposure to chlorine or salt water which causes the hair to tangle. Always wash the hair right away with shampoo and conditioner after swimming in both types of water. When going to the spa, the hair should be brushed out completely and should be wrapped in a cold wet towel.
6. Make couple of big braids when going to sleep, swim, or exercise (please untangle the hair before making the braids). NEVER SLEEP ON WET HAIR. Make sure the hair is completely dry before going to bed.
7. You can also make a leave-in conditioner at home by diluting conditioner (10%) with water (90%). Apply the mixture lightly onto your hair and brush the hair from the end to the top near the scalp. Although it is important to apply leave-in conditioners to keep the hair from dryness, it is important to keep the hair clean by washing the hair about twice a week so that it will not create a build up.
8. It would be advisable NOT TO TINT, COLOR, PERM OR DO ANY EXTRA CHEMICAL PROCESSES because it has already been treated. Please be extra careful with blonde and other light colored hair. They are more chemically processed than the dark hair. Therefore, we will not be responsible for the outcome.
9. Please check the hair before you use the hair. Be certain that the hair texture, color, length, and quality are what you want. We will not be responsible for the hair if it is not in original condition. For the WET & WAVE hair such as the French Refined and the European Wave, you may test the curl by wetting a small portion away from the rest. Place the hair on a desk, pull a small portion away from the rest, spray some water, and let it soak for about 15 seconds. Hold the top of the hair while it is on the desk and gently brush the wet portion from the bottom and watch it wave. Towel dry and scrunch it to wave up more.
10. Some hair comes out form the wefts easier than others (e.g. silky hair). In cases like this, you may glue or reinforce the weft before putting it on.B. Washing & Conditioning your Hair System
Shampooing and conditioning your hair system is not like shampooing your natural hair. Rubbing shampoo into your hair system as if it were naturally growing hair will cause the hair to tangle.
Here's the step-by-step method we've found best for giving your hair system a professional shampooing and conditioning.
The method we recommend will prevent tangling, and can be performed either on a plastic head mold or when you're wearing your system in the shower.
How shall I prevent the lace wig from tangling?
You may choose a satin pillowcase for night sleep in order to avoid friction. Cotton pillowcases with fibers rub against your hair, oppositely, satin pillowcases let the hair slip freely. Also for cheaper cost, you can place a satin petticoat or nightie over your cotton pillows. However, the effects will be also obviously different. Do not wear any barrettes or clips on your hair overnight as these accessories will be difficult to remove after one night. Also during washing hair, tangles may be also created due to scrubbing the hair. Before showering, you need to detangle the hair and apply Silicon Mix Revitalizing Shampoo on your scalp. If you rinse the Silicon Mix Revitalizing Shampoo onto the hair enough, there is no need to scrub the hair, and by this, the hair will be cleaned well. Later, you shall comb through your hair with a wide-toothed comb and make the conditioner rinse onto your hair. By this way, you do not need to take detangling on wet hair. Let the hair dry naturally instead of rubbing it by a towel.
Keep Your Hair Tied Up: Loose hair easily get tangled and damaged due to rubbing with your clothes and being caught by straps of handbags. The most proper to protect hair from tangling is to make braids. You may practice braiding your hair during the night. When you have been already with the skill for braids, you can wear braids in various types during the day.
Meanwhile, buns are also way for protection of hair from tangles. By this method, we can keep short hair out of harmfulness.
Removing Knots From Hair: Bobble-tipped brushes might cause damage to your hair and can not remove any knots as you suppose. You shall use your fingers or a wide-toothed comb to detangle the hair starting from the bottom several inches to up towards. You can begin with the bottom of a knot and remove it out, instead of pulling it widely. After detangling, you shall take a boar bristle brush for polishing and protecting your hair from damage.
How can I avoid my hair from shedding?
Here are some tips helpful on prevention of shedding hair overfull.
It is all right for light shedding, but if the hair shedding on your full lace wig is more than our natural hair, this will be abnormal.
Be sure NOT TO apply any products including alcohol onto the hair of your full lace wig, such as some kinds of hair spray, because these improper products will lead to damage the hair and hair shedding will be found easily.
You may braid up the hair of your full lace wig or tie it in a ponytail before going to sleep so as to avoid any tangles. You'd better to use a scarf on your head or a hair bonnet when sleeping, which will reduce less breaking and shedding of the hair for your full lace wig.
Remember that chlorine and salt water may cause damage to the hair of full lace wig, so you need to wear a swim cap during swimming or wash the full lace wig after swimming to avoid chlorine and salt water left on the hair of your wig. After washing, use TDi Knot & Tape Tab Sealer to seal the knots onto the inside of your lace wig cap again in order to firm the knots on each hair tile for protection from shedding